Friday, July 8, 2011

Table Talk!

Every night at dinner, our family enjoys wonderful communication at the dinner table.  Our Pastor gave us this little family tool during a sermon of his and oh, how this little nugget has blessed our family!  Once everyone is situated with food, someone...usually Braydon or Jeff...will ask "What was the best part of your day and the worst part of your day?"  This simple question prompts an entire meal of meaningful conversations within our family.  I look forward to this every night!  This helps us as parents find the things needed to pray with our children about and it also helps me keep connected with my sweet hubby.  I'm just as excited to hear about his day as I am about the kids!  We find ourselves playing this little game in more ways than one...we will ask this question after a special day...such as the zoo, what was your favorite animal and your least favorite?  Last night Jeff asked, "What was your favorite thing from being at the lake and your least favorite?"

Rylan -Getting Blue Ice Cream From The Humpty Dumpty Shop!!!  I wanted to go home a lot :(
Bryce - Making Smores and Catching Fireflies!  My ear infection was the worst!
Braydon - Having My 2 Friends, Tommy & Tyler Up To The Lake!  My worst was not catching a fish! (He was SO patient!  This was Braydon's first time REALLY getting into fishing :)  He did catch a fish but it fell off the hook as he was pulling it up...such a bummer!)
Jeff - That His Mom Enjoyed A Day At The Lake Too and Watching Fireworks On The Boat In The Middle Of The Lake!!!  He didn't like the uncomfortable bed...LOL!!!!
Shandra - Making Memories With My Family and Shopping At the Shipshewana Flea Market with My Bestie!!!  I didn't like the mosquitoes and the heat...ugh!

Special 4th of July Tootsie Pops on the boat while waiting for the fireworks!!!
Having S'More Fun!    


Jeff showing Braydon the trait of fishing! 

The possibilities are endless with this intentional Table Talk...Try it!!!  I hope that your family will be as blessed as mine with this little parenting tool :) 

Thank you Pastor Stan for impacting my family in more ways than you know!

1 comment:

  1. Shandra, my kids and I do this every night at the dinner table or before we go to bed. It is a wonderful relationship building tool! Pastor Stan has made such a huge impact on our family! Words are not enough to express our thanks! Miss our family times! We will have to do a back to school cookout or something!!!

    ReplyDelete