Thursday, July 7, 2011

Medical Results...FINALLY!!!!

I've been looking forward to this day for several months....I rushed home from the lake to get to my neurology appointment this afternoon.  The doctor looked at the MRI of my brain from last week and NO MS (Multiple Sclerosis)...Yahoo!!!!!  Every time the docs have ruled out all the biggies, I begin to breathe again!!!  They've ruled out so many scary things.  However, the neurologist then pulled up the MRI from my neck and yikes...it didn't look so swell.  I have a degenerative disc at the C-6/7 location in the upper cervical section of my upper back/neck.  The doc says, "How old are you?"  When I told him I'm only 36, he gave me that "not so good" look :(  I'm awfully young for this type of arthritis damage...so what do we do to fix this?????  I'm having another MRI of my lower back tomorrow morning and an X-ray of my knees to see how bad the osteoarthritis is there as well.  The neurologist has referred me to a neurosurgeon but I'm seeing my physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor on Monday morning.  I'm pretty certain that he will suggest physical therapy and possibly injections to my spine to prolong surgery as long as possible.

Although the thought of working on my spine, scares the bejeebers out of me, I have such a feeling of relief!  I'm SO very thankful that I FINALLY have an answer to ALL my symptoms and that there is a real reason for my pain...I'm really not going crazy and this isn't really in my head!!!  I was amazed at all the symptoms that are related to this...

Spinal damage toward the neck causes interrupted blood supply to the brain resulting in headaches, vertigo and worsened cognitive abilities and memory.  Causes numbness and tingling in the shoulders, arms, hands, and legs.  Causes severe pain, numbness and tingling to the back.  Get this, the spinal damage has even caused problems with my bladder!!!  I had no idea that these were related!!!  The spine pretty much affects everything!

I am truly grateful that the Lord heard my cry for answers and that He did His mighty works through the hands of so many doctors!  I have answers...Yahoo!!!  Of everything that has been laid in front of me over the past four months, this diagnosis is an answer to prayer!!  My thyroid meds have given me life again with my energy level...now I'm looking forward to gaining momentum in my physical abilities...God is so very Good!!! 

God is my hope...my strength...He's everything I need!!!
"Trust the Lord with all your heart" Proverbs 3:5  

2 comments:

  1. It is soooo hard when you are thinking that everything is in YOUR head. I'm so hapy that you are finding answers. May this be the first step in a strong recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! So thankful to read that you are finally getting answers (AND that the biggies have been ruled out!) I don't know what your feelings are about this.... but I have gone to Lyons Chiropractic and he has been a HUGE help! He is a great guy.... very involved at Emmanuel (I think).... and helped with my headaches and other aches and pains. While I didn't have DDD, he might be able to help you avoid surgery!! :)

    ReplyDelete