Monday, August 8, 2011

Mommy Date #1 - with Bryce!

The past two weeks have truly been exhausting on my part!  Resigning my kindergarten teaching position, signing a children's ministry contract at Emmanuel Community Church, packing up ALL my teaching materials of 15 years, pricing all of those materials, having a TeacherPalooza Sale, and then cleaning up my garage to close this educational door.  During all of this, my children and husband saw very little of me.  The clock continues to tick and school is just around the corner...how can that be????  I'm not ready!!!  I need some quality time with my children!  So, I decided to have mommy dates with my three boys this week.  It is going to take three evenings to get through all of them but it will be treasured  time together, I'm certain!  Tonight was spent with Bryce!

When I woke up this morning, I went into Bryce's room and snuggled with him on his bed and excitedly said, "tonight is date night!!!"  His response..."Aren't I too young for a date?"  He rolled his eyes and gave me that goofy boy look but I could tell that he was excited for the alone time as well.  He looked forward to our time together all day.  Before we left he looked at Jeff and said, "How does it feel to know that your wife is going on a date with another guy?"  Can I just say, this kid is truly a crack up!!!!  He always makes our family giggle...ALWAYS!!!

Our afternoon started at Target to purchase his school supplies.  Bryce had fun choosing colors of notebooks and folders...I enjoyed being able to focus on just HIM!  It was truly joyous!!!  He picked out a huge, colorful umbrella  for those rainy days walking to and from the bus stop.  My kids are looking forward to the big yellow bus!  They never got to ride the bus before because they attended school with me vs. their home school...this is an exciting part of this new school journey!!! 
I also helped him choose a toy that he wanted to purchase with some hard earned garage sale money from selling popsicles for three days at my TeacherPalooza!  Then, off to purchase new gym shoes for school...oh yes, he got some very cool Nike's...he has been wearing them with pride!!!  (They were buy one, get one 1/2 off...I then, had to get a pair of shoes for me too...LOL)!

To finish the evening... dinner at Applebee's.  This was my favorite part!  We had great one-on-one conversation.  He's nervous about making friends at his new school and meeting the special area teachers.  However, he's excited about his new teacher, Mrs. Hopper.  He has heard so many fun stories about her from so many different people!  He also likes that she is into frogs...hop, hop :)  Bryce wanted to attend the church service this morning to see Pastor Stan rather than go to his Sunday School classroom.  So, we talked about the service.  He thought Past Stan looked happy :)  We talked about partaking in communion today...what that was all about. We talked about the songs...we just kept talking...I was in my happy place!!!  Of course we couldn't leave without the mouse/oreo dessert!

Bryce, you have a kind and caring spirit.  You are a gentle boy with a giving attitude.  You easily befriend others.  I pray that others embrace you in this new school.  I am proud to by your mom and I loved being on a date with you!  Dear Jesus, help calm Bryce's fears as the big day approaches.  Give him peace...place friends and teachers in his path that will provide him a smooth transition.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment