Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mommy Date #2 - with Rylan!

It was 7:30am and a little boy came running into my room and pulled on my arm, "Mommy, get up!  It's are mommy date day!"  My heart was full and my smile was wide but it was STILL 7:30am!!!!  He climbed in my bed and we talked about where we would eat...IHOP was the place!  Rylan was SO excited...he's my snuggle bug...my youngest...still the baby...always will be the baby!

The kids went to their grandma's for a few hours while I went to some intense physical therapy later in the  morning.  Wowsers...I do mean, intense!  Rylan was telling his cousins about his upcoming "mommy date"...telling his grandma, telling his uncle...he was SO excited!  At this point, I realized just how important this alone time was!  These mommy dates before school are going to be added to our family list of back to school traditions!  Not only are the kids enjoying themselves but I'm enjoying the time together just as much!  It has been hard to carve out three nights of our week but well worth the investment!!!

It was finally time for our date!  Our first stop...IHOP!!!  Good for me, kids eat for free, yahoo!!! 
Again, I loved our dinner conversation.  Rylan is most nervous about not having any friends at school and the possibility of "mean kids, like bullies."  He's worried that he won't be able to remember his teacher's name (Mrs. Menze).  However, he can't wait to ride the school bus with all the kids from our cul-de-sac and he's excited that our neighbor boy, Conner, is in his class!  I told Rylan about the upcoming Kindergarten Open House this Thursday night.  He will get to meet his classmates, find his seat, and play in his classroom.  He got really excited about that...I can't believe that my baby will be in kindergarten!  Yes, oh yes, I will be bringing the tissues!

After dinner, we purchased his new gym shoes at Shoe Carnival.  He picked them out all by himself!  He was so happy with his new neon Nike's that he had to put them on once we got to the van to complete our shopping...what a hoot!  Then, off to Target to find the perfect bookbag.  Of course, Rylan chose one that matched his new shoes...LOL! 
He too, spent his garage sale money in the toy section on a Hot Wheels Stealth Ride toy (just like his brothers)...the highlight of the evening!  One last stop...Gordman's!  Mommy got a few things for her new office at the church!  It was another great evening indeed!  On the way home, Rylan says, "Thanks mommy, I had fun with you!"  His words were spoken with true meaning...oh how I love you, Ry!

Thank you Lord for allowing me the opportunity to raise these three beautiful boys.  I know that I stumble, but I am honored and humbled beyond measure that you chose me for this job...truly, thankful!



No comments:

Post a Comment