Monday, June 20, 2011

The Father's In My Life!

I am blessed to have several Dad's in my life!  As I sit and reflect on this Father's Day weekend, I am thankful for all of these men and honored to be part of their family! 

My Dad...Dave
This is a man of few words but he has a BIG heart!  I have had many opportunities placed in my path during the past year.  I have embraced the talks with my dad about God's plan for my life.  I do most of the talking during any and all of our conversations, yet when my dad speaks, it is treasured!  He has voiced a few times in my adult life some powerful words...words of joy, pride, and love.  I am truly a daddy's girl...I love smooching on my dad...love hugging on my dad...love spending time with my dad!  I love that my dad can see the worst of me, the broken me, the ugly me, and he doesn't judge me...he loves me all the same!  I am blessed, truly blessed, to have a daddy as wonderful as he!

My Step-Dad...Bill
Bill has been my dad since I was four years old.  I am honored to call him my dad.  The day he married my mom, he took two more children into his life...me and my brother, Josh.  Blending a family is tough stuff but Bill has ALWAYS loved us like his own.  One of my favorite memories with Bill was on my wedding day.  I have two fathers, how do I choose just one to walk me down the aisle?  The father that raised me or the father that brought me life...I couldn't choose...therefore, they BOTH walked me down the aisle.  A beautiful moment for me indeed!!!
I can't overlook the past two months...Bill's concern, care, love, and support during my medical trials these past several weeks have truly touched my heart.  During Jeff's absence, Bill was a source of strength for me.  He offered to help with the kids...getting them to and from their events.  He spoke with his doctor friends about my symptoms.  He called me often to check in.  Wow, I treasure and love him! 

My Husband...Jeff
My forever partner, my friend.  Jeff is a wonderful dad to three energetic boys!  Rylan came running up from the basement yesterday while we were preparing for our families to arrive for a small cookout and announced that he wanted his grill brought upstairs to be just like daddy!  In the midst of the chaos of getting the house and food prepared, I was filled with joy when Jeff stopped what he was doing and with a happy heart, he went downstairs and brought up the grill!  This was such a highlight for Rylan!!!  Thankful today for a husband that treasures time with his family.

My Father-In-Law...Ron
My husband has had an amazing father to look up to for many years.  Ron is a selfless person who would do anything and everything for anyone.  He has stayed by his wife's side even while they are apart.  Jeff's mom, Norma, was admitted to a nursing home one year ago.  I see the hurt in Ron's eyes yet the love in his heart is so evident.  He visits Norma for several hours every day.  Thank you Ron for the son you raised and allowing me to take your name.  I wear the name "Hathaway" with great pride :)

My Father Almighty
Everything that I have...Everything that I am...is because of my father above.  I treasure that I am unconditionally loved!!!

  • I  have a daddy who loves me.
  • He is strong enough to protect me.
  • He is engaged enough to teach me.
  • He is tender enough to hug me.
  • He is alive enough to play with me.
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!                  1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment